With Zoku, you can learn more about our locations, make a booking, and communicate with other Zoku users and guests. While some functionality of the Zoku Services can be accessed without registering for an account, such as browsing and learning more about our different locations, you need an account for additional functionality.
WHAT ZOKU COLLECTS
Zoku may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to Zoku when you use the Services, for example when you register, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information when you use the Services. This may include your name, gender, age, country of residence, email address, social media profiles, credit card details, phone number, and booking preferences.
- Other information about your use of the Services not knowingly provided to Zoku, but collected via analytics functionality in the Services: general usage information, including recent browser history (as sent by your browser) and IP-addresses.
We do not use the App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
WHAT ZOKU DOES WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
Zoku requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Order processing, including by sharing limited information with payment gateway providers.
- Zoku can periodically send promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information that Zoku thinks you may find interesting.
- From time to time, to contact you via e-mail for market research purposes, such as a survey or contest.
- To customize the website according to your preferences.
- To improve its products and services in a general manner, using aggregated reporting.
HOW LONG DOES ZOKU KEEP THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Zoku stores the information for up to 3 years when you register and up to 7 years after your last invoice according to the tax law, when you are or have been guest or member.
HOW DOES ZOKU PROTECT THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Zoku has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects. This includes:
- Scanning our website on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Keeping your personal data behind secured networks and only making it accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Where possible, your personal data will be encrypted and stored on a virtual private server that is secured by means of state of the art protection measures
- Transmitting all information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Yearly security and privacy awareness project for all employees
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We appreciate the trust you place in us to handle your personal data correctly, which is why we promise not to sell your personal data to any third party under any circumstances.
However, we will need to share it with carefully selected companies and organizations in order to fulfil the services outlined in the ‘what Zoku does with the information it collects” section above. Here is a full list:
- Other companies within the Zoku group
- To employees, agents and other third parties (some of whom may be located outside of the EEA) who help us deliver our services, including but not limited to: administering your account, arranging the delivery of services and providing assistance with any queries you may have.
- To companies who help us tailor our services to your needs and recommend products and services you may be interested in.
- To anyone the law requires us to share data with.
You have the following rights over the way in which we use your personal information:
- The right to access any personal information we hold about you.
This means you can ask us whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to provide you with certain details about that information, including the information itself. This is often referred to as a subject access request.
- The right to request to delete the information we hold about you (sometimes referred to as the right to erasure of your information or the right to be forgotten).
You can ask us to delete your information in certain circumstances e.g. where it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purposes for which we collected it, where we need your consent to use it and you have withdrawn that consent, where you object to us using your information for our legitimate interests and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for us to continue to do so.
- The right to correct or update any personal information we hold about you.
If you cannot correct the information yourself through your Zoku account, please contact us with your queries and/or the updated information.
- The right to restrict our processing of your information
This might apply where, for example, you have objected to us processing your data on the grounds of our legitimate interest, but we are checking whether there are any grounds to override your objection.
- The right to withdraw consent for any usage of your personal information, including the delivery of marketing messages, at any time (which you can do by contacting us on email@example.com
You can exercise any of these rights by Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that we can resolve any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your information but you can also contact the “Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”
EXPORT OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
In some instances, we may need to transfer your data to a company or organization outside of the EEA. These transfers will only be made with the appropriate safeguards in place, including the standard data protection clauses outlined by the European Commission. If the organization is based in the United States, we will ensure they are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
ONLINE ADVERTISING AND MARKETING MESSAGES
Like most companies, we use online advertising to bring you our latest offers and encourage new customers to try our service.
Our online adverts appear across the web and social media. To make sure you only see ads relevant to you, we use pixels, cookies, mobile identifiers and services offered by companies like Facebook and Google, as well as the information you provided when creating your account.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe link” that is included in each mail, or you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
reserves the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. If we make any major changes, we’ll post a notification on our website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Additional third-party cookies are placed when you use the Zoku Services. These are for example to track how long you stay on our site and to determine what region you come from.
Google Analytics cookies: Only Google Analytics can store and read information with these cookies. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you may download a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for your browser by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Facebook cookies: Only Facebook can store and read information with these cookies. See http:// facebook.com/help/cookies for more
Twitter cookies: Only Twitter can store and read information with these cookies. See https://twitter.com/privacy for more information.
LinkedIn cookies: Only Linkedin can store and read information with these cookies. See https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy for more information.
Pinterest cookies: Only Pinterest can store and read information with these cookies. See https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy for more information.
Youtube cookies: Only Youtube can store and read information with these cookies. See www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_ guidelines for more information .
THIRD-PARTIES AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Some Services are offered to Users in conjunction with affiliates or third-party vendors, and Zoku may share Users’ e-mail addresses and other (limited) personal data of you with third-party vendors that are used for providing the Services to you. These third-party vendors are not allowed to use or disclose Services data for any commercial or marketing purposes other than to offer the Zoku Services and to administer and improve such programs, and they are bound to a privacy obligation with Zoku.
Zoku may disclose personal data or information regarding the use of its Services if, for any reason, in Zoku’s sole discretion it believes that it is necessary to do so in order to satisfy laws, regulations, or other legal requests for such information; to cooperate with law enforcement agencies; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Zoku Terms of Service or other policies; to operate the Services; to protect Zoku, its services, employees or advisors, or its Users; or in connection with a proceeding, transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of the business or assets to which the information pertains.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access and control over most personal information on the Services is available through profile editing tools. If you want to know what information Zoku has about you, or if you believe that any information Zoku is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Zoku, Weesperstraat 105, 1018VN Amsterdam (The Netherlands), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Zoku will assess and correct any information found to be incorrect. The processing of personal data by Zoku is notified to the Netherlands Data Protection Authority under number [notification pending].
USE OF CCTV SURVEILLANCE
We endeavor to prevent our services and facilities from being used for illegal purposes, of any kind. Personal data may be processed in this context by Zoku and its vendors, such as through CCTV surveillance.